Quebec, QC, January 15th, 2019 – NuRAN Wireless Inc. (“NuRAN Wireless” or the “Company”) (CSE: NUR) (OTC: NRRWF) (FSE: 1RN) is pleased to announce the appointment of telecom industry veteran Christian de Faria as a non-executive director. Based in Kenya, Mr. de Faria has held key executive positions at multiple leading mobile network operators over the past 25 years, including:
- Group Chief Commercial Officer as well as various Vice President and Senior VP positions at MTN Group, the largest telecom operator of Africa with over 230 Million subscribers in Africa, Europe and Asia.
- Chairman of Bharti Airtel International , with over 400 Million subscribers across South Asia and Africa.
- CEO and Executive Chairman of Airtel Africa; with over 78 Million subscribers in Africa.
- CEO of Axiata, formally known as Telekom Malaysia;
- Vice President Financial Systems at Deutsche Telekom;
- Vice President Special Advisor at Orange Middle East and Africa; the 12th largest telecom company in the world with over 256 Million subscribers worldwide.
Mr. de Faria has an extensive understanding of the mobile communications industry, with very acute knowledge of the Asian, Middle East and African markets and is uniquely positioned to help NuRAN achieve its growth strategy and become a dominant player in the telecom arena. Mr. De Faria has worked for five of the largest telecom companies in Africa, South Asia, the Middle East and Europe and has a deep understanding of the rural and remote landscape.
“We are very proud and certainly look forward to having Christian join us. The NuRAN Wireless Board welcomes him and looks forward to having access to his wealth of experience. We are convinced that his role in the governance of the company will greatly contribute to NuRAN’s success.” commented Martin Bedard, Chief Executive Officer and President of NuRAN Wireless. “Having world-class leaders such as Christian de Faria to join NuRAN’s Board is a testimony to the Company’s great potential and unique position to reap the benefits of the next telecom wave of mobile connectivity.
No regulatory authority has approved or reviewed the contents of the information contained in this news release. The CSE does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.