Employee Status: Permanent
NuRAN is a specialized telecommunication company committed to overcome the growing demand for wireless network coverage in remote and rural areas across the world. With its affordable solutions supporting 2G, 3G, 4G technologies and its innovative Network As A Service (NaaS) business model, NuRAN builds, optimizes and manages rural connectivity expansion. NuRAN’s mission is to create a new possibility for over a billion people to communicate effectively over long distances. Our commitment combined with our ethical and ambitious values drive the company in its mission to connect the world.
Job description :
The Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) Officer shall manage the ESMS system of NuRAN. The role will support the development and implementation of NuRAN’s ESMS and its associated policies, standards, procedures, guidance, and toolkits and contribute to develop the ESMS knowledge of NuRAN’s team. The Officer will be required to travel to the various countries under contract.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee the risk management and implementation of ESMS for all NuRAN entities. Assure the compliance of the different laws and regulations.
• Manage resources (budget and staff) for E&S risk management and training.
• Report any major E&S issues and or complaint to senior management, propose resolutions to management resolve those issues and assure the implementation.
• Review and approve the annual ESMS performance report.
• Evaluate ESMS compliance of all NuRAN entities with applicable requirements during internal audits, such as site visits, collection of necessary E&S documentation (e.g., certificates and authorizations), and preparation of E&S due diligence reports (or an E&S section of the credit application).
• Supervise portfolio projects’ on-going compliance with the applicable requirements on a regular basis, which may include:
Conducting site visits, monitoring the implementation of E&S action plan (if any) by the clients, reviewing clients’ annual reports, and recording clients’ E&S ongoing performance.
Resolving E&S issues in case of non-compliance, and where needed, preparing a time-bound corrective action plan with specific follow-up procedures.
• Assure regulatory watch and best practices in the related subject.
Master’s degree in environmental or social sciences and management, environmental economics and policies, social development, or other relevant fields.
7 years of relevant experience in the areas of design and implementation of environmental and social management systems, safeguards systems, policy development, guidance and toolkit development, environmental and social due diligence, monitoring of programmes, projects, and activities.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
– Technological awareness
– Good knowledge of the African social and environmental context
· a healthy, friendly work environment, in hybrid mode or telecommuting.
· flexible schedules for a better work-life balance.
· autonomy, professional development, creativity, flexibility.
· responsive managers.
· the possibility of working from anywhere in the world.
· a versatile, dynamic, and innovative team.
Interested in this challenge? Send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday April 14th 2023.
See you soon!