The Role of the Territory Manager
A Territory Manager works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth and objectives established by NuRAN Wireless. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Territory Managers work in a sales position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. Territory Managers will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
As Territory Manager, you will manage prospects for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential direct clients and thru NuRAN Wireless’ distribution channel. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Territory Managers work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. While the exact responsibilities will vary from company to company, the main duties of the Territory Manager can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Use potential tools to generate leads.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Manage sales within your territory to meet NuRAN Wireless’ sales objectives.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure potential client’s opportunities.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met including the distribution channel.
- Track and record activity on accounts and to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to our distribution channel.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose that will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- 5+ years of Sales or Marketing experience especially in the wireless and scientific spaces;
- Strong knowledge of wireless and scientific technologies;
- Experience and proven track record of profitable sales growth
- Excellent communication skills and customer care champion;
- Teamwork focused and detailed oriented;
- Proven leadership and “people” skills;
- Ability to think “outside the box”;
- A sense of urgency, and a desire to close the business on time. Eager to compete;
- A service-oriented attitude towards internal and external customers;
- Experienced with CRM systems and comprehensive yet efficient reporting systems;
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience required;
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites worldwide.
This career offer is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing and dynamic company!
To submit your application, please send us your resume via email at email@example.com .